Sunday, September 7, 2014

Summer 2014


Summer 2014


Over the summer, I spent most of the time working on summer assignments. However, what little time I did have, I spent with my family and friends.. One of these times, I went to the beach with my family and friends.


Even as chilly the day was, my friends and I had a wonderful time. In the picture, I am wrapped in a beach towel, burying my feet into the sand. In the background, you can see my friends jumping into the water. Shortly after this picture was taken, the pair ran up to me, screeching about how cold the water was. 

My summer experience ended with a sour note: my uncle's passing. In the picture, a plaque is displayed. This plaque was one of the first things I noticed as I glanced around my uncle's final housing facility. He had been fighting terminal cancer in the lungs and kidneys for months. This day was the last time I would see him alive. However sad the day was, we all can remember how loved and cared for he was in this place.










However,  even after my uncle's passing, we had more heartbreaking news to come.

Robin Williams
One of the major news stories in the summer of 2014, was the death of Robin Williams. This beloved actor committed suicide on August 11, 2014. This beloved actor was an image of hope and love through my childhood. My family was heartbroken to hear of his passing. May God rest his soul.










Protesters at Ferguson
Another major news story was the police brutality in Ferguson. The story started with the death of young Michael Brown, where it escalated into full pandemonium. The inequality and racism the police displayed for countless years is finally hitting the front page. With this incident, people are forced to look at racism in this form. Usually, no one would have known about the death of Brown, but the citizens rioted and made it known they wouldn't take let this type of senseless violence happen anymore.


3 comments:

  1. I am am sorry for your loss, although your explanations of other occurrences throughout the summer was very well detailed and interesting.Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you had a relaxing time at the beach. I am very sorry for your loss, I am sure he is in a better place now. I love your blog's colors and setting! Very settling on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your loss and I hope you're doing well. On a side note, I like your picture at the beach it's relaxing and cute! Also, I like your flow of words and how it clicks together in your posts.

    ReplyDelete